Veterans Rideshare, Inc. was founded to provide opportunities to unemployed/underemployed Veterans through the booming transportation. Our motto is Putting Veterans to work, one mile at a time.
We are a veteran-owned and operated transportation services company providing non-emergency medical transport, freight shipping, courier, black car services, and more.
We’re dedicated to giving back to our service members by employing veterans, providing special rates and fares for veteran service organizations, and donating a portion of all fares to nonprofit organizations that support those who have served our country.
Here are five reasons we love to hire Veterans:
- Leadership. From day one, service members are trained to be strong leaders and strong followers. Decisions and action items are made efficiently and effectively whether it’s their call, or it’s an order to be carried out.
- Ability to thrive as a team. Service members quickly adapt to being all in it together, whether on a covert mission, or having to run an extra lap because someone messed up while in formation. Veterans have a teamwork advantage over their civilian counterparts.
- Mission-focused. Veterans have the ability to focus on the task at hand, and are used to a briefing afterward, and identifying strengths and weakness in the process moving forward. They are solid in the moment, and are ready to reassess for the future.
- Ability to perform under pressure. While a civilian counterpart might have stressed over a paper jam, or goofing up the boss’s coffee order, a Veteran has deployed to a war zone, and may have had to jump out of an aircraft. Handling a disgruntled customer will be a piece of cake to a Veteran who has successfully navigated fast-paced situations.
- Adaptable and trainable. The military offers constant training opportunities to enhance the skills and knowledge of service members. This willingness and flexibility to learn new skills and embark on new missions, is highly applicable in any work place.
A self-described “Jackie of All Trades,” Army wife Jackie Toops enjoys exploring the various facets of her personality by chronicling military life, world travels, family, her love of the arts and more. Her academic background is in the fields of Interdisciplinary Humanities, Museum Studies and Nonprofit Management, and she has overseen public relations for museums, galleries and universities. Jackie’s articles have been featured on Veterans Rideshare, Army Wife 101, Wall Street International Magazine, SoFluential, HomeAway, Military Biz Connection and FamiliesGo. While stationed in Germany, she regularly discussed her articles on-air with the Armed Forces Network in Wiesbaden. A mother of two, Jackie enjoys coffee, freelance writing, and supporting the military community.